Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
The Assistant Director for the Two Way Immersion Network for Catholic Schools (TWIN-CS) works in collaboration with the Roche Center staff and is responsible for communications between TWIN school teams, the TWIN leadership team, center staff and stakeholders in the field, guiding targeted activities and programs, developing the processes for critical resources, research projects and instructional platforms to be effectively promoted, shared and critiqued.
Additionally, this role requires a commitment to providing support for shared grant writing, and program planning for critical events. Competencies include: experience with on-line and blended learning models, design capabilities for remote programming, mastery of database software, application of social media tools, excellent communication and presentation skills, effective decision making and a mastery of leadership practices.
Salary Range $50,350 to $62,950Requirements
· 3-5 years of experience in a professional setting, directly involved in the design, administration and assessment of complex multi-tiered projects
· Excellent writing, presentation, and oral communication skills
· Organization, interpretation and reporting abilities related to analytics on member network participation
· Leadership, creativity and initiative
· Demonstrated success working collaboratively as part of a team
· Maturity and self-confidence in decision making
· Practice with on-line and blended learning models
· Design capabilities for remote programming and/or projects
· Demonstrated mastery of data base software such as: Excel, Access or File Maker Pro
· Professional application of social media tools
· A sense of humor, adaptability when faced with unexpected challenges
· A desire to be a part of a team committed to the advancement of the mission of Catholic education is preferable
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.