Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Temporary Staff Assistant
Center for the Study of Testing, Evaluation and Educational Policy and the Center for Optimized Student Support
Lynch School of Education
This position will support both the Center for the Study of Testing, Evaluation and Educational Policy and the Center for Optimized Student Support within the Lynch School of Education. CSTEEP conducts research on technical aspects of education policy, analysis of large-scale education data bases, technology-supported teacher professional development and 1:1 computing interventions. It is especially well known for its work on high stakes assessment and in the analyses of policies related to test-based educator accountability. COSS incubates the City Connects Program, an innovative approach to addressing the out-of-school factors that can impact students' achievement and thriving in schools. Currently implemented in over 80 schools across Boston, Springfield, and Brockton, MA; New York City; Dayton and Springfield OH; Hartford, CT; and Minneapolis, MN, City Connects collaborates closely with districts, schools, and partnering community agencies to connect every student to a tailored set of supports and enrichments in the school and community.
This is a 20 hour per week benefits eligible position through May 31, 2018, with intention to renew.
The part-time/ 20 hour per week Staff Assistant will work with the Manager of Office Administration, Administrative Officer, and the Director of CSTEEP in support of the administrative activities associated with the two centers. S/he will also interact with faculty, research staff, graduate students and visitors.
• Book rooms internally in Campion and throughout campus, using LSOE and Bureau of Conferences booking systems, respectively
• Assist administrators in ordering room setup, AV support, technology, catering, and preparing materials for
numerous events, ranging in size from 2 to 150 guests
• Assist in processing expenses, vouchers, and reconciliations
• Maintain grant and general filing system
• Assist in grant proposal preparation
• Support audit process
• Order and inventory of office supplies and books
• Photocopying, scanning, printing, mail merge, editing
• Maintain and update numerous databases
• Maintain printers, copiers, fax machines (toners, kits, paper, schedule repairs)
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail including FedEx
• Submit work order requests
• Answer telephones, greet visitors and general office duties
• Assist in bringing materials to grant and administrative offices throughout campus
• Support CSTEEP website
• Arrange conference calls
Department: 055263 - CSTEEP
Position: 00013436 - Staff Assistant (part time temporary with benefits)
Salary Range: $17.96 to $22.47 depending on experience
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Google Applications)
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Superior customer service orientation and focus and the ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
• Familiarity with Boston Collegesystems, such as PeopleSoft, preferred
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Ability to maintain data security and confidentiality of all data at all times
• 1-3 years increasingly responsible support experience (in higher education setting is preferred)
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.