Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Stock Distribution Worker 35
Responsible for the correct receiving of all products delivered and the correct storage, placement and distribution of said products. Organize and maintain all storage areas in a sanitary and orderly manner. Also responsible for assembly and delivery of all support service required materials as requested and general sanitation of same products and areas including but not limited to storeroom areas, loading docks and peripheral areas, interior and exterior. Vehicles, laundry area, china and linen, storage areas and others as directed. Must be capable of repeated heavy lifting on a day to day basis (minimum 50 lbs).
Department: 023113 - Catering & Event Planning
Position: 00006800 - Stock Distribution Worker, Dining Services
Grade: 5View Salary RangeRequirements
* Must be able to read and write English.
* Must be computer literate.
* Ability to repetitively lift heavy loads consistently.
* Must have good driving record.
* Must possess a valid Massachusetts driver's license and must be capable of applying for and receiving a Massachusetts C.D. license.
* High school diploma, other relevant experience may substitute for education
* Knowledge and experience with food service supplies and equipment is desirableClosing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.