Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
The Assistant Director
of Digital Marketing will support the development and implementation of
strategies that engage alumni and donors through a variety of digital channels.
As part of the communications and marketing team in the Office of University
Advancement, this individual will help bring concepts to life using data and
analysis to maximize the success of the division’s efforts.
Reporting to the
Senior Associate Director of Digital Marketing, the Assistant Director is
responsible for the strategy and implementation of Boston College’s
participatory-level digital direct marketing efforts. With the goal of
increasing both discretionary dollars raised and overall alumni giving
participation generated through digital channels, they assist with the
development of effective solicitation and stewardship strategies that utilize
email, social, and other emerging technologies for fundraising.
with the Senior Associate Director of Digital Marketing, the Assistant Director
will be expected to help develop specific strategies to support digital
fundraising campaigns with measurable results including ongoing email
campaigns, automated gift anniversary emails, retargeting journeys, recurring
giving campaigns, etc. The Assistant Director is a vital contributor to the
successful implementation of multichannel appeals, including day-to-day
responsibilities focused on appeal code management, enabling our fundraising technologies,
collaborating on segmentation strategies, exploring data personalization,
mapping digital appeal sends throughout the year, and drawing insights from
BC’s digital efforts beyond participatory giving. They will partner closely
with BC’s direct mail efforts to ensure that our participatory giving
communications are coordinated and impactful.
be successful, the Assistant Director must be comfortable working in a
fast-paced, team-oriented environment with strong attention to detail and
experience with data analysis. In addition to working with other members of the
digital marketing team, the assistant director will partner closely with other
members of the Advancement Communications and Marketing department, including
developers, designers, and content producers. They will also collaborate with
other stakeholders in UA—including alumni relations, annual giving, gift planning, parent engagement,
stewardship, and events—to leverage the behavior of UA’s broadest audiences.
- Support digital marketing efforts aimed at increasing engagement and fundraising participation with alumni, donors, parents, and other audiences
- Help create digital marketing plans that align with University Advancement and University priorities through a variety of digital channels with primary emphasis on email and social
- Manage the creation and implementation of appeal codes and online giving forms to support specific digital campaigns
- Partner closely with Direct Marketing to ensure coordination and success for multichannel campaigns such as Giving Day and calendar year end solicitations
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and stakeholders to identify and meet digital marketing needs
- Review results in real-time to make adjustments to plans and strategies for upcoming digital campaigns
- Act as the primary point of contact for Advancement Information Systems (AIS) to create segmented email distribution lists that will allow for strategic digital communication
- Represent the digital marketing team as necessary in meetings with internal and external clients, including staff, alumni, and students
- Have an understanding of digital marketing best-practices and knowledge of emerging trends in digital marketing
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $57,850 to $72,300; salary commensurate with relevant experience.Requirements
position requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of directly
related direct/digital marketing fundraising experience or related experience,
with proven organizational and project management skills. Aptitude for analysis
and understanding data and numbers is critical. Basic knowledge of one or more
of the following is preferred but not required for the assistant director:
HTML, CSS, email marketing tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, online
giving form providers (GiveCampus, Scalefunder, iModules), Blackbaud CRM or
online donor databases.
Must be a collaborative team
player who is highly motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing higher
education and have an appreciation for Jesuit Catholic education and the goals
and values of Boston College.Closing Statement
The office of University Advancement
supports the mission of Boston College by promoting a culture of inclusion that
values each individual. Our recruiting practices support that commitment to
build diverse teams reflecting our community; students, alumni, parents and
friends of Boston College.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts background checks including education, and verifies COVID-19 vaccination as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.