Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,377 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 37 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Dr. Meyer's Lab
A postdoctoral position utilizing high-throughput approaches to study the biology of structured RNA regulation in bacteria, and/or the impact of translation inhibiting antibiotics on structural RNA regulation, to is available in the Meyer Lab at Boston College. The Meyer lab utilizes computational and experimental approaches to address a variety of questions surrounding the role of RNA regulation in organismal fitness, the relationship between sequence and RNA function, and how antibiotics influence RNA structure within the cell. For more information about the lab see: https://meyerlabrna.org.
The candidate will preferentially perform both computational and experimental work (including mouse experiments) that focus on ncRNA regulation in bacteria.
Degree Requirement: Appointee recently awarded a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., Sc.D., M.D.) in an appropriate field
• Ability to conduct collaborative research.
• Excellent English communication skills both in written and oral form.
• A PhD in molecular or micro- biology, computer science, bioinformatics, biochemistry, biophysics or related discipline. A strong willingness and ability to learn is considered more important than experience in topics specifically studied by the lab.
• A track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Experience with mouse experiments, NGS-techniques, or statistical methods, programming languages (e.g. Python, Perl) and analysis of large-scale sequencing data is a plus.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, a letter describing your professional interests and ambitions, a curriculum vitae and contact information for at least two references to Dr. Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility;
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, and Dental Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both 401K and University Funded 403B Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick, and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
?Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity .
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity/compliance/nondiscrim