Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
A perennial leader in annual NCAA student-athlete graduation rates, the athletics department is focused on three goals which include: Ensuring that student-athletes perform academically and graduate. Assist each student-athlete in realizing their full potential as it relates to student formation: intellectually, socially, and spiritually. Provide student-athletes the best teaching so they can develop athletically and reach their full potential to maximize skills and abilities. These goals are built upon strong integrity, full transparency with open communication, treating people the right way, making the complex simple, and encouraging innovation and embracing change.
Together, these things represent the world-class experience for our Boston College student-athletes.
Boston College Diving Coach (part-time/not benefits eligible)
Boston College is looking for an experienced, energetic, and well-organized coach to take ownership of the development of diving student-athletes while also working to assist the head coach in all other administrative tasks.
· Develop, organize, and lead training program for divers.
- Promote academic excellence in collaboration with Student Athlete Advisory Services.
- Assist with all recruiting efforts of prospective divers, including email, phone, and face-to-face communication.
- Drive vans to transport team when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the Athletic Development Team to assist with alumni engagement initiatives and fundraising efforts.
· Work approximately 14-18 hours each week, plus all competitions and occasional travel.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Two-three years successful coaching experience, preferably at the college level.
· Expertise in technical aspects of the sport.
- Ability to foster a strong and positive culture within the program.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively with college student-athletes, athletic staff, university personnel and alumni.
· This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
-Part-Time Diving coach position is budgeted at $19,348Requirements
Bachelor's degree required. Competitive intercollegiate experience desirable. Two-three years successful coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level. Expertise in technical aspect of sport. Good organizational and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with college student athletes, athletic staff, University personnel and Alumni. This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC and Institutional rules.
Proficient computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite and FileMaker Pro.Closing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.