Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) acts in a product ownership, analyst and project management role, providing the key interface between management and end users on one side, and BC’s internal IT development partners and vendors on the other. Working within a development and maintenance process which is migrating towards Agile, the Sr. BSA is responsible for the research and analysis of issues and identification and implementation of improvements across a host of student-facing administrative systems, including academics (course management, registration, enrollment and transcripts, etc.), admissions, student accounts and financial aid functions. Exceptionally strong BA skills are a must; candidates familiar with higher education (and particularly student services and/or admissions areas) will be given preference.
While we are seeking a senior candidate with at least 5 to 7 years of experience as a business systems analyst and/or project manager, we will consider strong candidates with less experience:
- Associate BSA: 2 to 3 years of related business systems analysis experience.
- BSA: 3 to 5 years of related business systems analysis experience.
- Senior BSA: Minimum of 5 to 7 years of related business systems analysis and/or project management experience.
Title and salary commensurate with relevant experience based on the following titles and hiring ranges:
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Hiring range: $72,900-$91,150
Business Systems Analyst
Hiring range: $64,500-$80,600
Associate Business Systems Analyst
Hiring range: $55,600-$69,500Requirements
Key requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree required for all levels.
- Ability to facilitate and perform fit gap analysis, determine solution/approach and document results with cross functional team.
- Ability to create complex rules, execute systems activities, and act in a ongoing support capacity, troubleshoot, debug and resolve production issues.
- Experience working in an agile development environment required, preferably in a coaching role.
- Experience implementing and/or teaching agile methodology and scrum practices a plus. Excellent planning and oversight skills to ensure that functional and technical tasks are assigned, monitored and completed.
- Effective communications, relationship building and training skills to ensure that end users, technical staff and vendors are up-to-date on system capabilities, enhancements and release plans.
- Strong leadership skills and the aptitude and interest to mentor other team members.
- Ability to work independently to identify risks, gaps and resolve issues in order to keep project activities on track.
- Expertise in business process analysis and management. Ability to provide guidance about the business implications of applying various systems changes.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.