Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Compensation for this position is $480 per week for a maximum duration of 40 total weeks. Start date October 1.
Intern will work with Associate Athletic Director for Business and Administration to assist in analyzing business operations with a focus on revenue and expense history and understanding trends and factors contributing to achieving financial goals and overall business process efficiencies. There will also be other administrative responsibilities.
* Analyzing Financial Information
* Project based, deep-dive modeling
* Presentation assistance, meeting preparation
* Administrative Support
Department: 011001 - Athletics General
Position: 00014310 - Intern - Business Administration
Hiring Rate: $12.00 per hour
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
* Have some experience in finance, accounting, statistics, strategic planning, business case development or revenue/expense forecasting
* At least 2 years of experience/undergraduate involvement in intercollegiate athletics is required, preferably at a NCAA Division I institution.
* Time and Resource Management
* Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to work with time sensitive projects
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and familiarity with financial systems
* Ability to work autonomously with general project guidelines
* Ability to thrive in a diverse fast paced student-athlete service driven environment in a collegiate setting
* Ability to take direction
* Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with other departments in the university and the community.
* This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
* Evening and weekend work may be required. These demands are primarily centered on athletic competitions.
* Holidays and early morning hours are frequently required for various athletic competitions and operational set up of athletic and other events.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required.
* The primary working conditions include both an indoor office setting and outdoor event locations. Some medium lifting will be required for event preparation and set up. In most cases, events will occur regardless of weather so exposure to elements is likely.
Interested candidates are highly encouraged to submit a cover letter with their application.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.