Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Responsible for educational oversight of program management:
- Catalog, assess and research current curriculum materials and needs for staff use
- Ensure that teaching and instructional materials are age appropriate and relevant
- Ensure that all students receive appropriate educational, therapeutic and health care services
- Supervise and evaluate direct service staff (teachers, therapists,nurses, etc.)
- Chair Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings and prepare meeting notes, oversee service delivery for all students
- Provide guidance to Administrative Assistant in scheduling all IEP meetings
- Develop and support effective partnerships with Campus School families
- Develop and manage relationships with public schools to assess needs and encourage referrals
- Promote public school and community collaborations
- Attend weekly service delivery team meetings, provide administrative support
- Work with teaching assistants regarding classroom instruction, curriculum development, as well as future plans, interviewing, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating orientation and mandated training for all staff, volunteers, student employees and student interns.
- Update and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure compliance with current DESE regulations cross-trained with Director
- Attend screenings for prospective students and ensure that all prospective student records have been set up and disseminated
- Any additional duties assigned by the Director
- Uphold the mission and values of Boston College Campus School
Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience.Requirements
Master’s Degree in Special Education and/or Curriculum and Instruction
Massachusetts Educator’s License in Special Education
Related Work Experience:Closing Statement
Five years of administrative and teaching experience working in a school for students with severe medical
and physical disabilities. Experience with state and federal regulations as well as curriculum development and the
Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.