Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
The Center for Retirement Research at Boston College is seeking a Data Analyst to assist with data collection and quality control. This is an entry-level position with significant opportunity to learn new skills.
As an entry-level Data Analyst, you will join a dedicated data team charged with collecting timely and error-free data for the Public Plans Database (PPD) – a nationally recognized repository of key information on the major state and local pension systems in the US. The Data Analyst will be directly involved in data collection and management of the PPD website. Additionally, the Data Analyst will be expected to develop their skills in Excel, Stata, and Wordpress. Proficiency with these programs is not required, but motivation and interest to learn them (and potentially other programs) are key to succeeding in the role. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Director of State and Local Research, the Data Analyst will:
· Collect data on public pension plans from publicly available reports
· Use Stata to validate and merge collected data
· Conduct additional quality control measures using Excel, Stata, and manual review
· Upload and manage data on the PPD website using Wordpress
· Assist with miscellaneous data requests as-needed
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $45,650 to $57,050; salary commensurate with relevant experience.Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a social science
· Coursework in statistics, finance and/or economics
· Demonstrated interest in learning about public policy or finance
· Strong communication, analytic/quantitative, and organizational skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or GoogleSheets
· Motivation to learn statistical programming (Stata) and website management (Wordpress), but existin proficiency with these programs not requiredClosing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.