Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible
for providing superior client service to all current and new season ticket
members. The client service provided by the Account Manager is imperative and
allows the organization to facilitate revenue generation and client retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and organizes all Season Ticket Member Accounts
• Retains and renews Season Ticket Member accounts
• Pursues, solicits, and sells products and packages to new businesses, while also exploring opportunities
to generate additional sales and revenue by up- selling current Season Ticket Members
• Provides exceptional client service by attentively listening and comprehending the needs of Season
• Makes sales and service calls and schedules face-to-face appointments to discuss accounts and promptly follows up with the appropriate action to move the sales process forward;
• Manages Season Ticket Members accounts and schedules “Meet and Greet” opportunities with potential clients throughout the season;
• Demonstrates the necessary ability and drive to not only meet, but exceed team and personal
• Participates and assists with Season Ticket Member needs and department events;
• Assists with the Season Ticket Member upgrade process;
• Coordinates with internal departments to ensure the quality of the overall Season Ticket Member
experience is excellent;
• Helps create strategies to generate additional revenue in regards to Season Ticket Member accounts;
• Informs and updates supervisors immediately if there are problems or unusual matters of significance that may require corrective action regarding Season Ticket Members;
• Handles and resolves all client complaints;
• Have the ability to track all sales related activity in CRM;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience.Requirements
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of
this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree required;
• 1-2 years’ experience working in sales and/or client service;
• Proven track record of successful sales experience required.
• Must be proficient with Paciolan and related software;
• Must possess displayed competencies in face-to-face presentations and event selling;
• Must have outstanding client service and interpersonal communication skills;
• Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to
• Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
• Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
• Must have an interest and the ability to serve others;
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently
• Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within the department and the University as a whole;
• Must have strong communication skills, be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different
communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and be attuned to others by utilizing strong active listening skills;
• Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly
defined goals and objectives;
• Must be able to identify problems, their sources and potential solutions while continuing to
successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
• Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
• Must have excellent communication skills and a high level of energy.
Infrequent Traveler (less than 5% travel): The incumbent may be required to travel on a very limited basis.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however is expected to attend games and other events as directed by their supervisor.
This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC and Institutional rulesClosing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.