Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Experience all aspects of BC Dining Services, including retail dining, catering and in-house commissary and bakery. Emphasis on food service management withhands-on experience, controlling food cost, labor costs and managinginventory. Ten-month program. Characteristic Duties:
- Manage a dining operation with mentor.
- Provide customer service, responding to complaints, requests, and questions.
- Maintain sanitation, HACCP standards, and safety
- Proactively supervise employees to meet operational needs
- Recruit student employees
- Attend employee development workshops
- Ensure proper inventory levels as assigned.
- Ensure high quality food presentation, sanitation, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events and catered functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and demonstrate pro-active fiscal management responsibilities.
- Communicate equipment problems via established protocol.
- Frequently requires early mornings, late nights and weekends. Requirements
Education: A Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate’s Degree required or
equivalent combination of experience.
Experience: High quality standards as well as exceptional knowledge of food
service procedures and practices.
Skills: Good leadership, communications and human relations skills with professional style necessary. Must be able to multi task, be self motivated, organized, and results-oriented. Computer literacy is desirable. Supervisory experience with ability to motivate.
Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills helpful. Closing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.