Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Compensation for this position is $450 per week for a maximum duration of 40 total weeks. Start date TBD.
The ticket sales Intern position will be involved in the day to day operation of the box office and will be charged with the daily task of providing outstanding customer support to all Boston College fans. The position will also be involved in the following areas: daily reconciliation of monies, game day management and adherence to NCAA and university rules regarding tickets. This position also requires adherence to the seven guiding principles of the ticket office: respect, spirit of service, clear communications, team accountability, continuous improvement, good judgment, and professional conduct.
* Organizing Game Day Tickets
* Fielding Questions about Ticket Orders
* Game Day Management
* Daily Reconciliation of Monies
* Operating the Will Call Window
Department: 011001 - Athletics General
Position: 00014318 - Intern - Ticket Operations
* Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
* At least 2 years of experience/undergraduate involvement in intercollegiate athletics is required, preferably at a NCAA Division I institution.
* A strong desire to pursue a career in the field of sports management and/or ticket operations is required.
* Experience in customer service field and ability to work in high pressure environment.
* Time and Resource Management
* Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to work with time sensitive projects
* Excellent writing and desktop publishing skills, plus proficiency in Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop, MS word, other publishing programs preferred
* Paciolan Ticketing Software experience preferred
* Considerable organizational and supervisory skills required
* Ability to manage multiple tasks with very strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to thrive in a diverse fast paced student-athlete service driven environment in a collegiate setting
* Ability to take direction
* Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with other departments in the university and the community
* This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC and Institutional rules.
* Evening and weekend work may be required. These demands are primarily centered on athletic competitions.
* Holidays and early morning hours are frequently required for various athletic competitions and operational set up of athletic and other events.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required.
* The primary working conditions include both an indoor office setting and outdoor event locations. Some medium lifting will be required for event preparation and set up. In most cases, events will occur regardless of weather so exposure to elements is likely.
Interested candidates are highly encouraged to submit a cover letter with their application.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.