Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Boston College is seeking a digital media intern for the Boston College Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. Reports to the Associate AD for Communications, this position is responsible for shooting and editing original content for BCEagles.com and social media platforms.
Produces and edits feature content for BC Athletics teams for use on social media, web and in-venue
· Push content to external media outlets to help gain awareness for BC Athletics
· Produces highlights, game previews, and promotional videos for website and social channels
· Ideate and pitch video platforms and content pieces in weekly editorial meetings
· Develop creative with digital views and engagement as the main objectives of the content
· Create and edit high quantity of short form video pieces
· Assist in maintaining video postings on BCEagles.com, YouTube channel, and on Social Media Produces and edits video content for game recaps and development pieces
Intern - non B.C.Requirements
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in video production, journalism,
public relations, communications, sports management or related
field. Experience in EFP/remote sports production, including
equipment setup. Experience in producing sporting events and production
experience for feature videos is preferred.
· Experience with a sports team is a plus
· Knowledge of non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
· Experience with DSLR and Cinema-style cameras is a plus
· Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a plus
· Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
·Be creative, innovated and original
·Pays attention to detail
·Ability to work in independently and in groups is a must
·Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Physical ability to lift heavy equipment is required Closing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.