Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Compensation for this position is $450 per week for a maximum duration of 40 total weeks. Start date TBD.
Intern will primarily work with the Assistant Athletic Director, Student Athlete Development to assist on special projects, Student-Athlete Development programming, community engagement opportunities, special events planning, assist with the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, and general administrative responsibilities.
This position also assists the reception area of the administration office in the answering of the main athletic and senior administration telephones, walk up traffic, and general administrative support as needed. This position will work with members of the senior staff team on various projects and game operations as assigned throughout the year.The Student Athlete Development Intern will primarily coordinate and execute all community engagement opportunities for student athletes and coaches. This includes working with campus and community partners to plan and execute throughout the year. They will also be the main coordinator of the week-long student athlete service immersion trip.
In addition they will assist with the coordination of Student Athlete Development personal development and career readiness workshops as well as the execution of the Eagles Leadership Institute and Xcel retreats. They will support the SAAC advisor in overseeing the group.
This position will provide planning and support to all major Department student athlete special events such as but not limited to the Welcome Back Picnic, Graduation Reception, and Golden Eagles Awards Show. They will also assist in the development of informational, educational and promotional materials for the
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
* At least 2 years of experience/undergraduate involvement in intercollegiate athletics is required, preferably at a NCAA Division I institution.
* A strong desire to pursue a career in the field of sports management and/or athletic administration is required.
* Time and Resource Management
* Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to work with time sensitive projects
* Considerable organizational and supervisory skills required
* Familiarity with Microsoft Publisher, FileMaker Pro, and Adobe Illustrator software preferred.
* Requires ability to manage multiple tasks with very strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to thrive in a diverse fast paced student-athlete service driven environment in a collegiate setting
* Ability to take direction
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with other departments in the university and the community
* This position will be expected to perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with all NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
* Evening and weekend work will be required. These demands are primarily centered on athletic competitions, Student-Athlete Development programming, and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee meetings.
* Ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required.
* The primary working conditions include both an indoor office setting and outdoor event locations. Some medium lifting will be required for event preparation and set up. In most cases, events will occur regardless of weather so exposure to elements is likely.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.