Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
In support of the Jesuit, Catholic mission of Boston College, the Office of the Dean of Students provides education and support services designed to help students feel supported and achieve success at Boston College. The Case Manager provides direct service and support to several areas within the Office of the Dean of Students that serve this mission, including students with disabilities and case management/students of concern.
The Case Manager supports students through challenges, connects them to appropriate campus and community resources, and promotes growth in self-advocacy.
Case Management / Students of Concern
- Serve as an intake person and case manager for students in crisis and students experiencing chronic or emerging situations that may compromise the student’s ability to be successful
- Implement non-clinical interventions to provide care, support and resources for students who have challenges with health, wellness, academics, behavior, safety or their general welfare, or otherwise may be at risk
- Maintain a system of follow up for students who have been referred to campus or community resources, including providing services to encourage compliance with recommendations and care plans
- Serve as an intake person and case manager for students with disabilities
- Meet with continuing students to review accommodations and make necessary adjustments
- Follow up with students to evaluate the appropriateness of provided accommodations
- Collaborate with a variety of University departments to provide reasonable accommodations and services to students with disabilities
Department: 025102 - Office of the Dean of Students
Position: 00011937 - Case Manager
Hiring Salary Range: $54,500 - $68,150
Master’s Degree in counseling, social work, higher education, or related field
Two to four years’ experience in higher education
Knowledge of disability law
Skills in counseling and consultation
Understanding of student development issues
Knowledge of technology issues that pertain to disabilities
Knowledge of legal and policy issues impacting the work of student affairs
Knowledge of common issues and challenges facing a diverse population of undergraduate and graduate students
Good communication skillsClosing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.