Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director, Marketing Campaign Management, the (Senior) Marketing Campaign Manager plans, executes, and analyzes demand generation campaigns from inception, to launch, to evaluation of results. S/he will possess progressive experience in modern strategic marketing that includes the creation of personas, messaging platforms, segmentation strategies, year-long integrated marketing plans, and reverse waterfall funnel modeling. S/he is expected to be the internal thought leader, consulting clients on inbound and outbound marketing campaign strategies to meet and exceed fundraising objectives. S/he will have an entrepreneurial spirit, proven leadership abilities, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Provide strategic marketing leadership and counsel to University Advancement partners
• Build out personas
• Develop consistent marketing campaign messaging and segmentation strategies
• Create marketing plans and detailed campaign logic flow maps
• Execute flawlessly on the integrated, multi-channel marketing tactic plan (POE, events, podcasts, webinars, tweetchats, direct mail, etc…)
• Measure results daily and use data to identify opportunities to refine tactic and content mix to yield accelerated conversion rates across the funnel
• Leverage the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder to implement end-to-end campaign plan for target constituents (e.g., trigger-based email nurture automated campaigns)
• Seek out and implement new ideas for increasing the level of engagement and conversion among alumni, parents, and donors
• Continually research and – when appropriate-implement new, more effective and efficient ways to gain greater yield from marketing campaigns
Position Details: Requirements
Department: 031121 - Adv Communications & Marketing
Position: 00010261 - (Sr.) Marketing Campaign Manager
• Marketing messaging and persona development: 5 years
• Demand generation strategic planning & execution (events, launches, digital/social): 5 years
• Marketing automation (trigger-based email nurture, campaign logic mapping): 3 years
• Content Development (writing) – Journalism background ideals: 3+ years
• Project management: 5+ years
• Understanding of web-based technologies, including marketing automation platforms (Marketo or SFDC), HTML, Dreamweaver, Evergage, and Evertrue. Design applications such as Photoshop and InDesign, and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products preferred.
• Marketing messaging and persona development: 3 years
• Demand generation strategic planning & execution (events, launches, digital/social): 3 years
• Marketing automation (trigger-based email nurture, campaign logic mapping): 1+ years
• Project management: 3+ years
A Bachelor’s Degree is required with a Master’s Degree preferred.Closing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.