Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Utility Worker - Lyons Dining. Regular, Part-time, 30 hrs/36 wks
Under supervision, perform assigned tasks associated with cleaning, handling, and transporting of dishes, glassware, silver, utensils, pots and pans. Other duties involve sweeping and moping of floors, cleaning of equipment in kitchen and dining rooms. Daily routine involves the use and handling of detergents and cleaning solvents. Moderately heavy lifting is necessary.
Department: 023112 - BCDS Lyons
Position: 00009769 - Utility Worker Dining Services
Grade: 2View Salary RangeRequirements
* At least six months of previous food service experience, preferably in a large volume food operation
* Flexibility to handle various tasks simultaneously
* Must be able to read and write English
* Familiarity with all areas of a kitchen in an institutional food service operation
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Flexibility with work schedule
* Ability to work in a community that appreciates and respects diversity.
* High school diploma; additional relevant experience may substitute for education.Closing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.