Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
The Academic Staff Assistant provides administrative support to faculty, including special projects, academic support, correspondence, data compilation and student records. May perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature. The position requires independent judgment and knowledge of the University' policies. Will frequently collaborate with the department chairperson, administrative assistant and full and part-time faculty and students.
- Prepare departmental teaching schedules, correspodence for departmental meetings and departmental reports.
- Research and compile information for special and recurring departmental reports.
- Works with Student Services to input department's course schedule and assist chairperson with coordinating schedules.
- Work with Program Coordinators (Masters and Ph.D.) on enrollment targets.
- Coordinator of the speaker series in the department, set up meetings as required. Coordinate special projects, events and committee meetings.
*High School diploma, bachelor's degree preferred.
*1-2 years office experience.
*Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
*Excellent customer service orientation; good decision making/problem solving
skills and supervisory skills
*experience using PCs (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, FileMaker Pro).Closing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.