Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
The Administrative Assistant is one of two positions that will support the activities of the Dean and the Executive Director of Finance and Administration. This position will provide administrative support, assist with planning and be organizing events and conference for the Dean's Office. The incumbent will be responsible for receiving people in the Dean's Office, and directing them, both in person and on the phone. The person will be assigned special projects that require the use of PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Office to complete. Confidentiality is critical. This position will assist in planning and organizing all events and conferences for the Deans Office and will work with the departments and centers to assist in organizing their events. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for creating a calendar of events, and will assist with the promotion and tenure process.
- Read and prioritize all incoming correspondence for the Dean's Office.
- Provide internal coordination for Dean's Office and related functions.
- Research and prepare presentation material for external marketing efforts to corporations, business leaders, and unviersities.
- Prepare departmental/school teaching, research, and course evaluation reports.
- Plan and coordinate special internal events, and is responsible for logistical aspects of external relations functions.
- Schedule and maintain the calendar of appointments, meetings, and functions for the Dean's Office.
- Manage all correspondence to internal and external constituencies and respond to general inquiries and communications for the Dean's Office.
- Assist in coordinating travel and meeting arrangements for the Dean.
- Assist in the promotion and tenure process.
- Assist Centers and Departments with program and events.
- High School degree with 3-5 years of administrative office experience or college degree with three years of administrative experience is necessary. Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office applications, and familiarity with databases.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to independently prioritize to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and provide superior customer service to diverse groups with numerous personalities.
- The ideal candidate will be able to multitask and work efficiently in a busy office environment.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.