Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Reporting to the Associate Director, Digital Marketing, the Marketing Automation and Technology Manager is a hands-on technical and operations leader with proven knowledge of, and experience with, the tools and processes that drive world-class digital marketing. This person will lead the implementation, and maintenance of an integrated set of applications spanning the entire B2C engagement, conversion, and lifetime relationship experience. S/he will have deep functional experience with marketing automation, CRM, web and mobile personalization, and the principles of successful project and people management.
• Serve as the in-house marketing technology expert, providing insight and advice to colleagues on how best to maximize campaign success with available technology and processes
• Assume functional leadership for all Marketing technology including marketing automation, social media, personalization, and marketing analytics
• Work with Marketing creative staff to develop consistent email and landing page templates based on research and best practices
• Develop advanced marketing automation functions such as segmentation, campaign workflows, data mapping, user journeys, drip campaigns, triggered email sequences, email templates, forms and form pages, etc.
• Analyze and report on campaign data to internal business partners, marketing leadership, and teammates
• Work with lead developer to create or leverage APIs that build connections between Marketing applications to consolidate data into multiple, individualized electronic dashboards
• Oversee product upgrades and fixes in partnership with departmental Information Services team
• Train teammates on all digital marketing tools to ensure there is always someone available to make changes or solve problems
• Lead initiatives for introducing new technology into the organization when required
Department: 031121 - Adv Communications & Marketing
Position: 00012083 - Marketing Automation & Technology ManagerRequirements
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications and/or Information Systems
• Marketing Analytics: 5 years
• Database Marketing: 5 years
• Outstanding knowledge of B2C marketing processes, measurement, and best practices
• Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud strongly preferred
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills
• Proven ability to work well in a highly collaborative and collegial work setting
• Demonstrated leadership, communications, collaboration, people, and project management expertise
Must be a team player who is highly motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing higher education. An appreciation for Jesuit Catholic education and the goals and values of Boston College is criticalClosing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.