Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Reporting to the Associate Director, Creative Content, the Marketing Content Manager is responsible for the coordination, development, and execution of beautiful, purposeful, and engaging digital and print content. S/he will develop innovative and consumable digital and print content that tells stories and connects emotionally with audiences. The successful candidate will have exceptional writing skills, a keen eye for design, and demonstrated experience in the development and proliferation of cross-channel content marketing (e.g. immersive digital experiences, direct mail, email, social media, and video). S/he will have an entrepreneurial spirit, proven leadership abilities, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
• Provide strategic content marketing leadership and counsel to University Advancement partners (e.g. new digital content best practices, innovative content ideas)
• Develop year-long strategic content marketing plans that align with priority UA marketing campaigns
• Use data consistently to drive decisions around what content themes and delivery channels resonate best with audiences
• Partner with marketing campaign managers as they develop campaign strategies, build out campaign logic flow, and populate campaign maps with campaign-specific content\
• Build an agile, ‘always-on’, newsroom function that enables the rapid production of multiple content pieces aligned to a single theme or creative concept
• Manage the production and delivery of all forms of content through a cross-channel editorial calendar
• Leverage content modeling skills to create and maintain a robust content library (by theme, campaign, constituent) and ensure that the CMS is effective, and supports users with University Advancement and campus-wide
• Develop and socialize divisional content and web style guidelines that adhere to best-in-class practices
• Monitor, track, and report out on content engagement KPIs; leverage findings to refine program strategies
• Regularly educate contributors, collaborators, and stakeholders on web content strategies and best practices (including SEO)
Department: 031121 - Adv Communications & Marketing
Position: 00014542 - Marketing Content ManagerRequirements
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or public relations
• Digital and print content strategy and development, including content creation and analytics: 5+ years
• Project management: 5+ years
• Digital marketing, including email, websites, and social media: 5+ years
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite: 5+ years
• Outstanding strategic writing and editing skills with the ability to write for multiple audiences, styles and tones (long- and short-form storytelling, solicitation/persuasive content, video scripts, website content, social media, speeches/event scripts): 5+ years
• Ability to not just pull reports from Google Analytics but to use metrics to inform more effective content strategies optimal communications experience: 3+ years
Must be a team player who is highly motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing higher education. An appreciation for Jesuit Catholic education and the goals and values of Boston College is critical.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.