Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job DescriptionThe Senior Business Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst/Associate Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the research and analysis of Student Services & Admissions Systems to include business requirement definition and documentation, test strategy, plans, documentation, execution and reporting, project implementation, systems training and vendor, stakeholder and relationship management. The incumbent utilizes knowledge of both the functional and technical aspects of the system to serve as an effective advocate for users and a direct liaison between Student Services, Admissions and Information Technology Services (ITS).RequirementsAssociate Business Systems Analyst: 0-3 years of related business systems analysis experience required and 3 years within a Student Services or Admissions environment.
Business Systems Analyst: Minimum of 3 years of related business systems analysis experience required and 3 years within a Student Services or Admissions environment.
Senior Business Systems Analyst: Minimum of 5 years of related business systems analysis experience and 5 years within a Student Services or Admissions environment.
- Bachelor's degree required for all levels.
- Detailed working knowledge of enrollment, financial aid, admissions, student account and degree audit processes, best practices and process improvements.
- Ability to facilitate and perform fit gap analysis, determine solution/approach and document results with functional team.
- Expertise in business processes. Ability to provide guidance about the business implications of applying various systems.
- Skilled in the definition and formulation of systems, scope and objectives based on user needs and an in-depth understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Excellent planning skills to ensure that functional and technical tasks are assigned, monitored and completed.
- Effective communications skills to ensure that end users, technical staff and vendors are up-to-date on system developments and decisions.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Knowledge of waterfall, incremental and agile methodologies and their impact on business analysis practices.
- Ability to create complex rules, execute systems activities and debug issues.
- Prior higher education experience; Student Services or Admissions System experience.
- Prior experience with issue ticketing software.
- Prior experience with project portfolio management tools.
- Prior experience with scheduling packages, such as Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.