Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
The Network Services division of Boston College Information Technology Services is responsible for a multi-campus wired/wireless LAN, multiple internet connections, including I2 and an enterprise-class data center network infrastructure. The Senior Network Systems Engineer provides high level technical expertise in the engineering, installation, monitoring and maintenance of the Boston College network in support of the University’s business needs and academic mission.
- Thorough knowledge of networking including IPV4 / OSPF / BGP / protocol analysis / VPNs / Firewalls / SNMPv3 & monitoring tools
- Experience with Cisco nexus / ASA /ASR /catalyst, extreme/enterasys switching, Aruba wireless & Fortigate, IPV6, AWS networking and SIP/VoIP experience desirable.
- Must be able to work collaboratively as a member of the Network Services engineering team and in cross-functional teams within IT and the across the University.
- Embrace the mission and strategic goals of Boston College and the role of technology in fulfilling those goals.
- Flexibility, willingness & ability to quickly learn and support new technologies as needed.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to produce thorough and clear written documentation.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 6 years relevant experience preferred.
- Cisco certifications a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills: must be able to articulate technical issues & solutions and produce clear, concise written documentation.
- Must be available to provide off-hours support; some early morning/late night/weekend work is required.
Salary Range: 87K - 106KClosing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.