Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement Communications & Marketing, the Senior Associate Director of Marketing Campaign Management is a leader in Advancement who is responsible for delivering creative, high-quality, brand-consistent marketing messaging and communications campaigns that yield maximum results.
The Senior Associate Director of Marketing Campaign Management will have a strong track record in delivering results in a higher education marketing. He/she will possess progressive experience in modern communications, evidence of strong writing and editing skills, and a deep knowledge of multi-channel marketing. He/she will also have a proficiency with content management and social media tools; a strong understanding of effective graphic design and branding principles; and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a dynamic environment. This position works collaboratively with members of the Boston College University Advancement Communications and Marketing creative team to ensure messaging consistency and to promote the overall institutional goals related to communications, philanthropy, and engagement. The Senior Associate Director will also collaborate with the data analytics team to ensure their excellence in collecting and improving the quality of constituent data to leverage campaign marketing strategies.
• Supervise and direct a team of four marketing and communications professionals
• Provide strategic marketing leadership and counsel to University Advancement fundraising partners in an effort to exceed fundraising goals
• Apply knowledge of higher education best practices for donor segmentation
• Use data to inform the best marketing tactic and content mix
• Analyze and assess campaign performance
• Consistently measure and refine campaign tactics to optimize conversion results across the funnel
• Leverage the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder solution to create and implement end-to-end digital communications for constituents (e.g., trigger-based email nurture automated campaigns)
• Apply subject matter expertise to establish both internal and external social eminence and to build skills across the team.
Department: 031121 - Adv Communications & Marketing
Position: 00012539 - Sr. Associate Director, Marketing Campaign Management
Salary Range: 89,250 - 111,550
• Five to seven years of marketing, communications, journalism, alumni relations, development or comparable experience.
• Strong leadership and outstanding communication and project management skills.
• Extensive knowledge of digital, social media and campaign messaging, tactic mix, and performance optimization best practices, preferably in higher education.
• Marketing automation & CRM platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
• Understanding of web-based technologies, including basic knowledge of Salesforce Marketing, Cloud, HTML, Dreamweaver, Evergage, and Evertrue. Design application such as Photoshop and InDesign, and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products preferred.
• Proven leadership & outstanding communication skills
To be successful, must be a team player who is highly motivated and dedicated to the goals of advancing higher education. An appreciation for Jesuit Catholic education and the goals and values of Boston College are critical.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.