Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.Job Description
Responsible for performing routine cleaning and washing tasks as assigned in the dish machine, pot machine, kitchens, dining halls and service areas. Duties include mopping and sweeping floors; scrubbing tables, counters, floors and walls; and maintaining the cleanliness of ovens, fryolators, light fixtures and utensils.
Department: 023110 - BCDS McElroy
Position: 00008367 - Utility Worker Dining Services
Grade: 2View Salary RangeRequirements
* At least six months of previous food service experience, preferably in a large volume food operation
* Flexibility to handle various tasks simultaneously
* Must be able to read and write English
* Familiarity with all areas of a kitchen in an institutional food service operation
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Flexibility with work schedule
* Ability to work in a community that appreciates and respects diversity.
* High school diploma; additional relevant experience may substitute for education.Closing Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.